The hallways of Eddy are much quieter these past few days, the calm before the “storm” of an upcoming renovation.
- The Eddy Building will be going through a remodel beginning the week of May 19th! The English Department offices will move over to the Behavioral Sciences Building, Rooms A104-112. The phone number will remain the same.
- The Writing Center will be relocating to Johnson Hall Room 119 for the summer (and the 2014-15 academic year). We will reopen on Tuesday, May 27 and will close on Thursday, August 7. The Writing Center will be open during the summer Mondays through Thursdays 10:00am-12:30pm. While we offer walk-ins if they are available, we recommend that clients make appointments with us to guarantee a consultation. To make an appointment, please visit: https://colostate.mywconline.com/. Thanks, and we look forward to serving you!
- The Eddy 300 Lab will close early Friday, May 16th at 2:00 pm. It will remain closed during the Eddy Building construction. Students needing to print please use the Clark Lab.
- Tobi Jacobi gave a keynote on research sustainability and ethics highlighting her prison work in the Composition and Cultural Rhetoric program at Syracuse University. She also began work on 20th Century prison narratives from the New York Training School for Girls with the non-profit Prison Public Memory Project in Hudson, NY in mid-May.
- Community Literacy Center (CLC) interns, Elise Yenne, Brittany Devons, and Olivia Pait successfully completed their year-long community writing teaching with two public readings as the Spring 2014 SpeakOut! journal was launched during the last two weeks. Thanks to assistant director Lauren Alessi for her leadership all year!
- Sasha Steensen talks about her new book with Maggie Millner at ZYZZYVA: http://www.zyzzyva.org/2014/05/13/the-beauty-and-violence-of-a-family-and-of-a-nation-qa-with-sasha-steensen/
- Ian Blake has accepted a position at Holyoke Junior and Senior High School in Holyoke, Colorado to teach English.
- Pattie Cowell’s “Resisting the Border: Natural Narrative, Everyday Story” was published recently in Western American Literature 48:4 (2014): 445-463.