- Dan Beachy-Quick is writer-in-residence at Susquehanna University this week. He is visiting Susquehanna as part of the Raji-Syman Visiting Writers Series, and will be giving a reading while there.
- Tobi Jacobi and Dr. Laura Rogers (Albany College of Health Science and Pharmacy) will deliver a talk entitled “Becoming Incorrigible: The Girls of the Hudson Training School, 1921-32” at the Hudson Area Library in upstate, NY on Oct. 29th.
- Derek Askey (MFA fiction, 2013) has accepted the position of Editorial Assistant with The Sun in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Ben Findlay (MFA Spring 2014) started work in Minneapolis as the Development & Publicity assistant at Coffee House Press.
- Greyrock Review is now accepting submissions! Greyrock Review is an undergraduate anthology at Colorado State University. Submissions are open from October 6, 2014 to December 1, 2014 for original work in fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and visual arts. Any undergraduate at CSU may submit their work at https://greyrockreview.submittable.com/submit for free and will be notified by December 15, 2014. Any questions may be sent to email@example.com
- The first fundraising event for the 2015 Greyrock Review is coming up fast! On October 28th, please join them at CRANKNSTEIN (located in Old Town Fort Collins) for a spectacular reading featuring CSU professors such as Matthew Cooperman and Camille Dungy, as well as graduate and undergraduate CSU writers! During this event there will also be a raffle featuring prizes from local businesses such as Mugs, Bean Cycle, Momo Lolo, and more! Raffle tickets are only $3 each! Other raffle prizes include various novels donated by Old Firehouse Books. Pre-sales for raffle tickets will be held in the Clark C building on October 27 and 28. On these two days only you can get a tasty doughnut AND a raffle ticket for only $3! “Hope to see you all there and thank you for your support!”